Sport Funding Plan
PE and Sport Funding 2013-14 and 2014-15
Funding allocated by the government is providing additional funding of approximately £10K to Kingsbury Green as part of 150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
- Employing a specialist teacher to provide high quality teaching and learning and to spend some time working alongside teachers when they are teaching PE to improve quality.
- Developing "sports leaders" across Year 6 to lead competitive games with younger pupils at morning and lunchtime play.
- Supporting and engaging the least active children in our school through new or additional healthy lifestyles clubs
- Increasing pupils’ participation in inter school games, during and outside school hours
- Providing places for pupils at after school sports clubs
- Securing and enriching the existing Kingsbury High School, School’s Sports partnership in our local cluster
This summer term we are working toward developing healthy lifestyles through the Change for Life programme, targeting children who may not usually take part in extra-curricular activity. The sports and PE leader has specifically trained for this.
Governors are currently consulting with children and the community as to how best to use the 14-15 allocation of funding now it is secured until 2015-16