Home Learning During Lockdown (March-July 2020)
We do not want any parent or child to feel stressed, overwhelmed or under pressure due to the new ways of working. It might be time for a reality check! Here are some thoughts…
- You are in charge. You know your child and your situation the best. You can decide how your child will engage with the resources provided and any additional or different activities. It is your choice. There is nothing to feel guilty
- We are not setting up schools at home. This is distance learning at very short notice! We are all just trying our best to support one another to achieve
- You cannot be expected to help with distance learning and to work from home at the same time. If you are trying that, then you deserve a medal! Just do your best in your situation and try and strike a
- We aim to recommend some good resources which sit within our weekly timetables. These will be updated weekly. Each week, teachers will also prepare writing tasks related to the learning that children have been doing in school. Children could use their home learning books for this. You will see hundreds and thousands of websites on social media. Our advice is to stick to those recommended by school. Not everything out there is helpful!
- In school, children do not work intensively for 7 hours. They have different types of lessons, break times, group discussions, opportunities to play, and opportunities to read. Make sure your child has the chance to play with Lego, to read books, to bake a cake, to dig up some dirt, to take exercise, or anything else that you think is OK – this is all learning!
- Try and do some activities together – social interaction whilst social distancing is important.
Remember: Your wellbeing and children’s wellbeing is important. You are caring for your children and keeping them safe.
Week 1 – Week Beginning 23.03.2020
Week 2 – Week beginning 30.03.2020
Holiday Activities at Home – Week Commencing 06.04.2020 & 13.04.2020
Summer Term Week 1 – Week beginning 20.04.2020
Summer Term Week 2 – Week beginning 27.04.2020
Summer Term Week 3 – Week beginning 04.05.2020
Summer Term Week 4 – Week beginning 11.05.2020
Summer Term Week 5 – Week beginning 18.05.2020
Half Term Holiday Activities – Week beginning 25.05.2020
Summer Term Week 6 – Week beginning 01.06.2020
Summer Term Week 7 – Week beginning 08.06.2020
Summer Term Week 8 – Week beginning 15.06.2020
Summer Term Week 9 – Week commencing 22.06.2020
Summer Term Week 10 – Week commencing 29.06.2020
Summer Term Week 11 – Week commencing 06.07.2020
Summer Term Week 12 – Week commencing 13.07.2020