- KGPS School Sports Fund Plan 18 -19 & Evaluation
- KGPS School Sports Fund Plan 17-18 & Evaluation
- 2018- 2019 PE Curriculum Map
- KGPS School Sports Fund Expenditure Plan 19-20
- KGPS School Sports Fund Expenditure Plan 19-20- Evaluation November 2020
- KGPS PE and Sports Premium Plan 2020-21 and Evaluation July 2021
PE / Sports Grant
Physical Education- Vision Statement
At Kingsbury Green Primary School, we believe a high quality PE curriculum should be an integral part of the whole school curriculum and one that staff, pupils and parents understand and can contribute to. Through PE & Sport, our children learn to develop the important qualities of discipline, resilience, communication, team work and ambition, leading to improved concentration, attitudes and academic outcomes.
Our PE curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils develop the fundamental skills and competence to excel in a wide range of physical activities by providing a broad & balanced curriculum with opportunities for all to be enjoyed.
A high quality PE curriculum will develop physical literacy and will allow pupils to learn about themselves, the importance of a healthy lifestyle, self-expression and concepts such as fair play and respect. It also contributes to the development of a range of important cognitive skills such as decision making and analysis, and social skills such as teamwork and communication.
Our PE curriculum will be inclusive and ensure that pupils of all abilities access the range of activities we offer and that they are physically active for sustained periods of time in order to encourage them to lead healthy, active lives.
We are improving our programme of intra and inter school competitions which will provide opportunities for pupils to participate in competitive sports and activities both in and beyond the curriculum.
We are striving towards improving the delivery of the teaching & learning of PE in order to promote participation, progress and performance. High quality PE and school sport produces young people with the skills, understanding, desire and commitment to continue to improve and achieve in a range of PE, sport and health-enhancing physical activities in line with their abilities’ (DfES Learning through PE & Sport).
Developing pupil’s personal qualities through PE can affect their attitudes towards school and learning. When PE and school sport provision is of the highest quality, all pupils will, to the best of their abilities, develop and demonstrate the following personal qualities:
– A strong desire to learn & make progress;
– High levels of dedication, attendance and involvement in PE and school sport;
– High levels of commitment to PE and school sport;
– Good levels of positive behaviour such as politeness, fair play and helpfulness; and
– High levels of enjoyment and enthusiasm and a strong desire to get involved.
Children have many different leadership opportunities at Kingsbury Green Primary School. Within KS2 they have the opportunity to help with different tournaments, help lead festivals as well as helping out with primary sports days. We have a dedicated group of Sports leaders and healthy eating and living champions.