- Information for Parent and Carers Leaflet
- KGPS Relationships and Sex Education Policy 2020-2021
- Relationships, Sex and Health Education: A Guide for parents (English)
- Relationships, Sex and Health Education: A Guide for parents (Arabic)
- Relationships, Sex and Health Education: A Guide for parents (Somali)
- Relationships, Sex and Health Education: A Guide for parents (Urdu)
What is Jigsaw PSHE?
Jigsaw PSHE is a comprehensive and completely original Scheme of Work for the whole Primary School from Years F1 and 2 through to Year 6. It brings together PSHE Education, emotional literacy, social skills and spiritual development in a comprehensive scheme of learning.
SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural) development opportunities are mapped throughout. All of these pieces of learning are brought together to form a cohesive picture, helping children to know and value who they are and understand how they relate to other people in the world. Information regarding this can be found below.
Jigsaw contributes, as a good PSHE programme should, to the British Values agenda very significantly, both through the direct teaching of information and through the experiential learning children will enjoy.
The 5 strands of the British Values agenda have been mapped across every Puzzle and every Piece (lesson). Information regarding this can be found below.
Jigsaw also helps to support the Prevent Strategy. The main way in which Jigsaw offers support is through the adoption of a whole-school approach; our school fosters a climate of mutual understanding and respect.
Objectives/Pupil learning intentions: Jigsaw PSHE will support the development of the skills, attitudes, values and behaviour, which enable pupils to:
- Have a sense of purpose
- Value self and others
- Form relationships
- Make and act on informed decisions
- Communicate effectively
- Work with others
- Respond to challenge
- Be an active partner in their own learning
- Be active citizens within the local community
- Explore issues related to living in a democratic society
- Become healthy and fulfilled individuals
There are 6 Puzzles (half-term units of work) each with 6 Pieces (lessons):
- Autumn 1: Being Me In My World
- Autumn 2: Celebrating Differences
- Spring 1: Dreams and Goals
- Spring 2: Healthy Me
- Summer 1: Relationships
- Summer 2: Changing Me
Jigsaw PSHE Curriculum
British Values in Jigsaw by lesson
British Values in Jigsaw by Puzzle and Year Group
The Jigsaw Approach for the Early Years Foundation Stage
The Jigsaw Approach for Years 1 – 6
PSHE and RSE information briefing for parents
PSHE and RSE information briefing for parents Early Years and Year 1
PSHE and RSE information briefing for parents Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4
PSHE and RSE information briefing for parents Year 5
PSHE and RSE information briefing for parents Year 6